Thursday, November 08, 2007

1995 - the earth tilts

life gets interesting in 1995. I get restless and generally this is a time "eruptions" happen in my life. Work became "boring" and i was looking for some change, but i worked in the Government so change was not its strong suit. I talked to my boss but nothing happened. By mid-year i was getting really restless. I had written a resignation note (unsigned) and stuck it under my blotter. through the year i started to "withdraw" from committees etc which i thought were useless.

One day, it was actually a turning point in my (and our lives), the CEO of the agency turns up in my office and "instructs" me to rejoin a committee i had withdrawn from. We had a polite conversation and he left - fully thinking i would be "instructed". Unfortunately for him, but fortunately for me, i signed my letter and resigned that day.

I had no job to go to, but i wasnt worried.

when i got home and told Sue what i had done, she wasnt that happy. her feeling was we should have discussed it before i did it.

My view was that it was my call. But i do recognise i could have put us all at risk.

As fate would have it - the proverbial genie came out of nowhere and put us back on track.

my take from this is that, generally, if you have the balls to follow your instinct life will look after you

No comments: